Saturday, March 13, 2010

iPod Touch 3rd Generation Review:

I had gotten the iPod Touch 3rd Generation, 32 GB this Christmas and was beyond thrilled. I know that the iPod touch is anything but new, but you'd be surprised as to how many people are still working with the older iPods and are looking for an upgrade. This iPod is for someone looking for a much more personal exeperience or someone who will utilize the special services offered like apps, voice control, internet, calender, contact book, etc. For somebody who wants an iPod strictly to listen to their music collection, I would downgrade for something like the nano or shuffle with a high GB count. I was also very happy with the built in speakers; which are perfect for friends who want to share music without squishing together to each get an headphone.

DESIGN AND LOOK:When I first pulled the iPod Touch out of the clear white case I was impressed with the sleekness of design; the standard one with the black front and mirrored silver on the back. The change in weight however, from the iPod Nano 4th Generation was a little bit of a con for me though. Nowadays, you can customize your iPod by choosing various colors and textures; and of course, the headphones. If you're interested in having a customized iPod go to this website: (http://www.colorwarepc.com/p-194-iphone-3g.aspx)
MOBILITY: Although I do take pride in using my iPod out and about; at the gym, at school, and where ever else I need to go, I found its a bit too bulky for my taste and now six months later I wish it were perhaps a little more lightweight and easier to carry.
SOUND QUALITY: If you buy your songs from iTunes and use your headphones, I can promise you the sound quality is fabulous. However, some songs coming from the built in speakers may not be as clear.
WHY THIS PRODUCT?: Apple always has a way of making it's products an ultra cool accessory, but the iPod touch's mod design sets it apart from any other MP3 or other iPod. I also LOVELOVELOVE having almost an unlimited amount of applications that fit my personal wants and needs; and most of them were free! As long as you are near a wireless internet connection you can enjoy the benefits of having a computer at your fingertips 24/7. I don't have to run to the computer everytime I want to check my facebook.
BATTERY LIFE: Although I do love my iPod, the battery life is not quite as good as my other models. I'm guessing it's because your much more dynamic and the use of the battery is much more active, it wears it down faster. If you turn off your wifi while it's not in use, you can get up to six hours more than without. There's tons of tips and tricks on the internet on how to improve your battery life.
OVERALL: I overall satisfied with this product and really enjoy using it day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment