Monday, March 15, 2010

Formspring: A New Branch of Social Networking Sites

For those who haven't heard about formspring.me, a new host to many social networking site users, it is a site where questions can be publically viewed and asked from other users as well as anonymously. It can instantly sync with facebook & four other social networking sites like twitter & tumblr. Although this site is unique and quite clever, I don't think it would be a wise choice to open an account unless you are really ready to handle the negitave feedback you may recieve while being a user. Because people can post without you knowing their identity, you're  more likely to get hurt or have your self essteem lowered because of another user's comment. It's dangerous to one's mental health, especially teen girls. We all love formspring, but sometimes it doesn't love like us back. If you get one anyway, be confident in yourself while using your account and simply delete the negative questions or the account when something comes up. Well, since this is a review, i have been a current user of formspring for about two months; carefully observating. I noticed that I did have great fun posting questions back and forth with friends & reconnecting with old ones from my 8th grade year, but I personally came across some negative comments. I was taken aback, but i just ended up deleting them and continued my use. I haven't had many problems since, although my friends have some consistent haters on their page. It all depends on your personality and how you will handle the criticism.

1 comment:

  1. formspirng is going to be big but it will probably get old really quickly. answering the same questions can't be that entertaining
    www.teentechblog.com

    ReplyDelete